I think my Halloween hangover is finally gone. Water, sleep and hash browns topped with Hepp’s garlic salt makes everything better. Being 27 years old is an interesting time. Wrinkles are starting to set in more (why…noooooo….why?!), joints ache waaaaay more than they used to, and hangovers last for f*cking days. I even think coffee is starting to mess with me more than it used to. Or maybe it’s just cold brew coffee. For the past 2 weeks, I’ve been on a cold brew coffee kick, having 1 glass per day, early in the morning. But come 10pm…11pm…12am…I can’t sleep. And when I do fall asleep, I’m waking up every hour or so. Then I finally cut myself off the other day and I’m sleeping like a baby again. Does this mean I can’t have cold brew anymore?! Why….noooooo…why?!!
I also think I’m getting to a point where I can’t go to raves anymore. I don’t even know if they’re called raves, but that’s what it’s like. It’s a bunch of young kids, dressed in bras and underwear, with house music blaring and people lookin’ real weird. I’ll get to the show, dance my face off, then take a step back and look at the crowd…and I suddenly have a motherly instinct come over me to tell these girls that they don’t have to dress like that to get attention. And that they don’t need to make the poor decisions that they will probably make that night. Which is all funny since I have no other motherly instincts whatsoever. Children aren’t my thang. Or teenagers. Or people, really. But I really do love that music so I’m just stuck between a hard place and a girl in a bra and fuzzy boots. Life is hard sometimes, I guess.
I think I officially feel like an adult. Other than the wrinkles stuff. Even though we bought a house earlier in April, we still haven’t had much time to decorate since I’ve been traveling the entire time. So it really hasn’t felt like a home. It has just felt like a place we live in. Until now. You know what grown up stuff we bought? The least fun stuff to buy: dressers for your bedroom. Nobody sees your bedroom, nobody cares about it, but you still want it to be the coziest room in your house because you spend half your life in there. It’s half, right? Whatever. So all day long, I pin bedroom ideas, accent wall ideas, chair ideas, benches, lighting…all in hopes of everyone else’s sense of decorating rubbing off on me. Is it working? I’m not quite sure yet. Decorating takes a hell of a lot of time and literally takes every dime to your name. If you want to find me at all this week, I’ll be lost in IKEA, eating cinnamon rolls and swedish meatballs to stay alive while purchasing a car full of trinkets for the low price of $19.99. Man, I love that place.
PS – You should totally make these. They’re delicious. And great for leftovers. And don’t cost as much as a dresser.
- 1 pound ground italian sausage
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, chopped
- 4-5 basil leaves, torn
- 6 eggs, whisked
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 3 bell peppers, cut in half, seeds removed
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cut bell peppers in half and place in an greased 8x8 rimmed baking dish cut side up. (If any of the bell pepper halves are leaving to the side, ball up a piece of aluminum foil and place it in the crevices to help keep them sitting up right - this will keep the egg mixture for pouring out).
- Place italian sausage in a medium pan over medium heat. Break up with a wooden spoon. Once browned, add chopped mushrooms and cook until soft. Lastly, add pizza sauce, basil and a bit of salt and pepper then mix to combine.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl then pour in italian sausage mixture and whisk to combine.
- Use a ladle to pour mixture into each pepper half.
- Place in oven to bake for 45-50 minutes, or until egg is completely cooked through and no jiggle remains.
- Let cool slightly before eating!
You Go Stuff a Few More Peppers!
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!