YAYYYYY!! I finally made an air fryer recipe for the blog! I got an air fryer about a month ago and had a total failure the first time I tried it out. But I stuck with it and I have come to LOVE it with all my heart. I use it almost every single day. So here are some deets about an air fryer –
- Do you absolutely need one? Not really. You can fry or bake things instead.
- Do they take up a lot of room? Hell yes they do. I have the 6qt size and it’s massive.
- Do you need less fat when it comes to cooking with the air fryer? Yes, a bit less. But I’ve also only fried one thing in my life so I’m probably not the best person to ask. I wasn’t born in a place that thinks deep frying is a way of life. Nor do I love fried food much.
But here’s the reason I love my air fryer –
- I don’t have to heat up the house with the oven in the summer time.
- I don’t have to wait for the oven to pre-heat.
- I don’t have to dirty my oven when cooking chicken wings.
- My house doesn’t smoke up like it does with the oven sometimes (because the chicken wings made it so damn dirty).
- I can cook meat and veggies faster than in the oven.
- I can get brussels sprouts crispier than the oven.
So far in my air fryer, I’ve made crispy potatoes, brussels sprouts, carrots, steak, chicken, salmon and now shrimp! And everything comes out perfect! I made truly the juiciest and most delicious rotisserie chicken in the air fryer and couldn’t believe how easy it was. So if you’re wondering if you should get yourself one, well I would recommend it. I definitely love mine. Just make sure you have extra room for another appliance. If not, you can always just fry or bake food. It’s really not that big of a deal! I still don’t think items come out like they would from a fryer, but I don’t mind that at all. It’s like a convection oven without making the house a million degrees. Which I love.
Now wait, before I let you go, I have some super exciting details to share with you! If you’ve been listening to my podcast, you’ve already heard the news. And I love you for listening to me ramble on about nothing most weeks. Anywho, I’m hosting a trip to France in May! I hosted a trip a couple years ago in Costa Rica and finally signed on to host another!! So here are just a few details –
- The trip will be May 12-17 to Burgundy, France.
- There are 15 spots available for the trip
- The trip will cost $2395 + airfare and that price will include breakfast and dinner every day, transportation and accommodations, and any of the events and excursions we have planned.
- What is planned – Exploring Paris, wine tastings, bike tour, river cruise, meals by a French chef, workouts with me and whatever else we get into!
- And you can reserve your spot next week on August 30th!
I’ll be sharing ALL the details of the trip next week on the blog where you can sign up and reserve your spot. I’m so pumped for this trip because I’ve never been to Europe! And now I get to experience it all with some of you guys! Can’t wait to share all the details next week!
Until then, I’m pulling my air fryer back out today to cook up some plantains! Wish me luck!
For the shrimp
- 20 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- coconut oil spray
For the sriracha dipping sauce
- Pat shrimp dry. Whisk eggs in a shallow bowl. And in another shallow bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut, salt and garlic powder.
- Using one hand, coat each shrimp in the egg then place the shrimp in the coconut mixture and toss to coat with the other hand (this will keep your fingers from getting too goopy with ingredients). Repeat until all shrimp are coated. Spray the tops of the coconut shrimp with coconut oil spray.
- Pull out air fryer (I have the 6qt size) with wire basket inside. Place the spray side of the shrimp down onto the wire basket, making sure to not overcrowd the basket (i was able to do one batch, but you may need to work in batches if you have a smaller air fryer). Spray the other side with coconut oil spray until coated.
- Close air fryer then turn temperature on air fryer up to 400 degrees and time up to 8 minutes. At 4 minutes, press pause then flip shrimp over and cook for another 4 minutes.
- While the finish cooking, mix together mayo and sriracha.
- Top shrimp with coarse salt and black pepper then dip away!
More Easy Shrimp Recipes!
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!