Yayyyyy!! Another air fryer recipe! If you missed my post last week, I shared my first air fryer recipe for Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp with Sriracha Dipping Sauce. I’ve become quite obsessed with my air fryer. I use it almost every single day and love everything I’ve made. If you’re still trying to figure out if an air fryer is right for you, here are some deets about an air fryer that I shared in last weeks post –
- Do you absolutely need one? Not really. You can fry or bake things instead.
- Do they take up a lot of room? Hell yes they do. I have the 6qt size and it’s massive.
- Do you need less fat when it comes to cooking with the air fryer? Yes, a bit less. But I’ve also only fried one thing in my life so I’m probably not the best person to ask. I wasn’t born in a place that thinks deep frying is a way of life. Nor do I love fried food much.
But here’s the reason I love my air fryer –
- I don’t have to heat up the house with the oven in the summer time.
- I don’t have to wait for the oven to pre-heat.
- I don’t have to dirty my oven when cooking chicken wings.
- My house doesn’t smoke up like it does with the oven sometimes (because the chicken wings made it so damn dirty).
- I can cook meat and veggies faster than in the oven.
- I can get brussels sprouts crispier than the oven.
I’ve baked whole chickens and I’ve made them in the crockpot, but this air fryer rotisserie chicken is SO MUCH FREAKING BETTER! When I bake it in the oven, it takes usually 2-3 hours. When I cook it in the crockpot, it takes about 7. But when I make it in the air fryer, it only takes 1 hour and it’s truly the juiciest chicken I’ve ever had with super crispy skin. It’s amazing. And you can make this with whatever spice mixture you’d like, or just some simple salt and pepper. It’s seriously so easy! I’ve been making these rotisserie chickens so I can whip up my Jalapeño Popper Chicken Salad and Fajita Chicken Salad in no time flat!
And even though I’d love to chat chicken for hours, I have a boxing class to get to this am! Trying out a new gym in town and excited to box since I rarely do. Not super excited about the early morning class. But I’ll get over it. And then I’m getting some dining room chairs delivered today! Want to see what I got? I order 4 of these chairs and 2 of these for the ends. I bought some pretty cheap dining chairs when we moved into our house 3 years ago. But since 3 chairs have broken, I decided it was finally time to invest in chairs that wouldn’t buckle underneath my guests. I even had a friend over one night who was mentioning that he needed to lose some weight…and then the chair broke. It wasn’t him, it was the chair. But I’m not sure he’s ever gotten over that experience. So cheers to crispy chicken and new chairs!
- Remove insides from chicken and pat dry with a paper towel. In a small bowl, mix together ghee and magic mushroom powder. Pull back the skin on the breast side of the chicken and use a spoon to scoop some of the ghee mixture between the breast and skin and use your fingers to push the mixture throughout. Do the same on the other breast until the ghee mixture is gone. Sprinkle salt on the chicken throughout.
- Pull out air fryer (I have the 6qt size) with wire basket inside. Place the chicken breast side down onto the wire basket. Close air fryer, turn the temperature up to 365 degrees F and time up to 30 minutes then press start.
- Once the 30 minutes is up, use tongs or wooden spoons to turn the chicken over so the breast side is up. Turn temperature back up to 365 degrees F and time up to 30 minutes then press start. Once time is up, let chicken rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing!
More Chicken Inspiration!
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!