I want to start off by saying that my heart is truly aching for the souls that were lost in Sunday morning’s terrible hate crime. I cannot imagine the pain the families, friends and community are going through right now. I will never understand the hatred people have for others. I hope that someday our children and children’s children will be raised in a world with more understanding, more love, and more acceptance for others. Until then, remember to be kind to people.
Sorry to start off on such a heavy topic. I usually try to stay away from that sort of thing, but I just can’t today. This hatred just cannot be ignored.
But I will lighten up the topic because all I want to do now is put a small smile on your face! Actually, that’s what I’m trying to do with just getting invisalign on Friday. But it has done the opposite for me. I’m definitely not smiling. I’m actually grumpy AF. For two reasons.
- I had to get these little cement dots on my teeth to help shift my teeth more. They are teeth colored but they make having invisalign way more obvious because those dots are on most of my front teeth.
- I have a constant headache while I’m wearing them. It’s definitely getting better but I find myself SO excited to take them off to eat. Which makes me want to eat more just so I can take them off.
A part of me slightly regrets getting them, but having straight teeth is just more important to me. I had braces back in 7th grade to get my teeth super straight and effed it all up by not wearing my retainer. So that’s what I get: head pain and embarrassment as an adult. While I coach now at my CrossFit gym, I’m spitting everywhere and have a lisp. I’m adorable.
Honestly, wearing invisalign is kind of like wearing an underwire bra that’s constantly poking you. So annoying.
Wait, if my child-like embarrassment isn’t making you smile then you MUST watch this. It has 12 million views, so I’m obviously late to the party, but I plan on ALWAYS watching this video if I’m ever feeling down.
- 2 artichokes, sharp leaves trimmed
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sriracha (I used this brand)
- ¼ teaspoon fish sauce
- ⅓ cup mayo (I used Primal Kitchen avocado mayo)
- 2-3 tablespoons sriracha
- 2 teaspoons coconut vinegar or rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- Place trimmed artichokes in a steamer basket and steam for 40-45 minutes, until leaves pull away from the whole artichoke easily. Remove from steamer pot.
- When cool enough to the touch, slice artichoke down the middle lengthwise. At this point, you can remove the "hair" and purple leaves that fill the middle of the artichokes with a spoon. They serve no purpose and have little "meat" on them. (I grilled the artichokes with that part still on just for photos because it's so pretty!)
- Heat grill pan or grill to medium heat. Whisk together all the ingredients for the glaze then use a brush to brush half the glaze on the inside of the artichoke and into the leaves. Place cut side down on the grill plan then brush the rest of the glaze on the outside. Cook artichokes for 4-5 minutes per side, until grill marks are visible. Top artichokes with sesame seeds.
- Mix all ingredients for sriracha dip together.
- To eat: remove leaves and dip the ends in the mayo and scrape off with your teeth. See exact photos here if you have never ate an artichoke.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!