Posted by http://paleomg.com/bacon-egg-breakfast-waffle-sandwiches/
© 2017 PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes. All rights reserved.
Bacon & Egg Waffle Breakfast Sandwiches
For the waffles
For the sandwiches
- 3/4 pound bacon
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat up waffle iron and grease.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the waffles until completely combined.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop and pour batter into a waffle iron. Cook until the middle is cooked through. This batter made 6 square waffles.
- Cook bacon in a large sauté pan until crispy. Drain excess fat leaving a bit behind to cook the eggs. Turn the heat down low the crack the eggs in the pan. Cook for about 6 minutes on low until the whites are cooked through and yolks are runny.
- Toss arugula, olive olive, lemon juice and salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Cut each waffle at the diagonal then top with an egg, bacon and arugula.