I’m such a cheater. Or a copy cat. However you’d like to view me. I kinda made this recipe based off my No-Bake Sticky Apple Bars. But those bars were delicious so why not try them with a different kind of fruit. THANK GOD I DID. These were delicious. Laura didn’t seem to love them as much as I did, but Sergio looked like he had just won the lottery when he tasted one…and then went on to eat half the batch.
I went out on the town this weekend. It was Sergio’s birthday AND we had to celebrate Regionals being over with, so we needed to go hard. That meant I drank alcoholic beverages. And many of them. I felt like it was time. I don’t really even remember the last time I drank. Pretty much because I don’t really like alcohol. It tastes like nail polish remover. But I was able to go out with some wicked cool CrossFitters who I never see outside of there workout persona…and workout clothes, so that was a blast. I have really good looking friends. NBD. AND I got to get my flirt on. WINNING.
We went to a bar that was all about dancing. So you can imagine the smile I had on my face. Especially since they were playing Beyonce when I walked in. My God I love Beyonce. AND THEN I got to dance with this man, who doesn’t seem like women are his main squeeze, and the dancing was pretty wicked awesome. He was amazing. I flailed around like an idiot (intoxication makes you feel like a better dancer. fact.) and did whatever he told me to do. He literally would tell me what dance move I should do next. It was awesome. My tiny inebriated brain didn’t even have to think while I was dancing. Wicked.
I don’t really like alcohol. Even though I didn’t have a hangover, I felt like everything was moving in slow motion yesterday. How do some of you people out there drink every weekend? It’s exhausting. I’d much rather sit in on a Friday or Saturday night and make paleo desserts, like this one.
BTW, I finally got instagram. I’m not sure what I’m doing and my pictures suck ass, BUT I LOVE IT. I’m trying to be the best instagramer I can be! Wanna follow me?! Please please do! I take lots of pictures of food that looks like dog food. Super delish. Find me @paleomg! Kthanksbye.
- 12 medjool dates, pits removed
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
For the toppings
- First make your crust. Add all ingredients for the crust to a food processor.
- Put crust ingredients in an bread pan, press down until evenly distributed.
- Now heat up a small saucepan under medium heat. Add your blackberries and blueberries, along with your maple syrup.Be sure to continuously stir so the mixture doesn't stick to the bottom or burn.
- Once you have almost a runny jam, add your melted/softened coconut cream concentrate along with cinnamon and salt.
- When all ingredients are incorporated, pour mixture on top of crust and press flat. Put in the fridge to harden for 30-45 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve!!
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!