I’m such a cheater. Or a copy cat. However you’d like to view me. I kinda made this recipe based off my No-Bake Sticky Apple Bars. But those bars were delicious so why not try them with a different kind of fruit. THANK GOD I DID. These were delicious. Laura didn’t seem to love them as much as I did, but Sergio looked like he had just won the lottery when he tasted one…and then went on to eat half the batch.
I went out on the town this weekend. It was Sergio’s birthday AND we had to celebrate Regionals being over with, so we needed to go hard. That meant I drank alcoholic beverages. And many of them. I felt like it was time. I don’t really even remember the last time I drank. Pretty much because I don’t really like alcohol. It tastes like nail polish remover. But I was able to go out with some wicked cool CrossFitters who I never see outside of there workout persona…and workout clothes, so that was a blast. I have really good looking friends. NBD. AND I got to get my flirt on. WINNING.
We went to a bar that was all about dancing. So you can imagine the smile I had on my face. Especially since they were playing Beyonce when I walked in. My God I love Beyonce. AND THEN I got to dance with this man, who doesn’t seem like women are his main squeeze, and the dancing was pretty wicked awesome. He was amazing. I flailed around like an idiot (intoxication makes you feel like a better dancer. fact.) and did whatever he told me to do. He literally would tell me what dance move I should do next. It was awesome. My tiny inebriated brain didn’t even have to think while I was dancing. Wicked.
I don’t really like alcohol. Even though I didn’t have a hangover, I felt like everything was moving in slow motion yesterday. How do some of you people out there drink every weekend? It’s exhausting. I’d much rather sit in on a Friday or Saturday night and make paleo desserts, like this one.
BTW, I finally got instagram. I’m not sure what I’m doing and my pictures suck ass, BUT I LOVE IT. I’m trying to be the best instagramer I can be! Wanna follow me?! Please please do! I take lots of pictures of food that looks like dog food. Super delish. Find me @paleomg! Kthanksbye.
- 12 medjool dates, pits removed
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 6-8 oz blackberries
- 6-8 oz blueberries
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup Coconut Cream Concentrate
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- First make your crust. Add all ingredients for the crust to a food processor.
- Put crust ingredients in an bread pan, press down until evenly distributed.
- Now heat up a small saucepan under medium heat. Add your blackberries and blueberries, along with your maple syrup.
- Once blueberries and blackberries begin to break down and slightly explode so there is more juice in the pan, add your syrup. Be sure to continuously stir so the mixture doesn’t stick to the bottom or burn.
- Once you have almost a runny jam, add your melted/softened coconut cream concentrate along with cinnamon and salt.
- When all ingredients are incorporated, pour mixture on top of crust and press flat. Put in the fridge to harden for 30-45 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve!!