This is the moment you look at me, tear up, and tell me you love me. You’ve been waiting for this moment, haven’t you? The moment I give you a recipe that completes you. A recipe that makes you feel as though you have lived life to the fullest and can die happy. A recipe so good, there’s no way it can be paleo…well, it isn’t. Let’s face it, did our Paleolithic ancestors have coconut flour and oil, and ground almonds, and Enjoy Life chocolate chips? If you just said yes, you’re dumb. Well actually, they are the dumb ones. They didn’t think about grinding up almonds and making pancakes? Idiots. Anyways, nowadays we have all that unneeded crap/appliances to entertain ourselves, so why the hell wouldn’t we use it??
When I make waffles or pancakes, I’m usually making it as a cheat meal. I really can’t handle grains anymore, my body is thrown a crazy curve ball (not sure why I’m using sports analogies since I know nothing of the fact) and doesn’t understand what’s going on and stores ALL OF IT as fat. Gotta love saddle bags. So I stick with naughty paleo treats as my cheats. Do I overdo it? Sh*t yeah I do! But that’s why eating healthy on a regular basis pays off, you can have little slip ups like eating an entire batch of cookies (or nut butters, as you know), and get away with it. Kind of. Or you’re like me and just get love handles. But remember, muffin tops are cute, right? RIGHT?
But we need to talk about the best part of these waffles…where they came from. Have you ever tried to make waffles without a waffle iron? You have? That’s bullsh*t. It’s impossible. I promise you. So I had to get a waffle iron for this post-Regionals celebration meal. Well, my plan was to pick one up Sunday night and make myself a glorious brunch Monday morning (which failed since I could barely move Monday morning) but was greeted by something pretty awesome on Friday night…I walked up to my front porch and had a waffle iron with a pretty pink bow wrapped around it and a card from Dom waiting for me. And this is not just any waffle iron, this waffle iron makes 4 WAFFLES AT THE SAME TIME! Quatro. Do you know how many waffles I could eat and devour at once? Four. That’s how many. Dom got me this gift to wish me good luck at Regionals. And he knows what a fatty I am. Thank you for supporting my inner fat kid Dom. He thanks you. Yes, it is a he.
- 1 banana
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened carton coconut milk
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teapsoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups blackberries
- 1 cup Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
- Your choice of coconut ice cream], for topping
- maple syrup, for topping
- coconut sugar, for topping
- Mix all ingredients together in a food processor or blender, except the last 5 ingredients. If you do not have a food processor, mash up your banana until it is creamy, then mix together the rest of the ingredients with a large spoon or hand mixer.
- After you have made your batter in your food processor or blender, pour it into a bowl and add your blackberries and chocolate chips and mix well to combine.
- Now heat up your waffle iron and pour into your waffle iron (only add oil to coat if it is not a non stick waffle iron). Are you understanding me? Good.
- Let cook. These guys take a bit longer than normal waffles so let them cook and poke at them a bit to see if they are done. I like to use a fork to try to lift them a bit out of the waffle iron. If they fall apart, surprise surprise, they're not done.
- Once they are ready to be taken out of the waffle iron, put them on a plate, scoop a dollop of your favorite coconut ice cream and put it on top of your waffle. Then drizzle on some maple syrup and coconut sugar.*
- Eat it up!!!
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!