Stop what you are doing and go make this recipe. If you follow me on social media, you may have seen my recipe development and me failing HARD at my first try for this amazing loaf. But luckily, I got it on the second try and it is absolute perfection! It’s sweet, tart and has this refreshing flavor throughout. It is totally summer all wrapped up into a lovely loaf pan!
I am SO PUMPED about the main ingredient in this recipes – the paleo baking flour!! I was recently chatting with my friends from Nuts.com, talking about the items I have the hardest time finding and a paleo baking flour was the first thing on my mind! Sure, you can mix together your own flour and make all kinds of delicious paleo goodies, but it is seriously so nice to use one bag instead of having to buy all the flours to make that perfect treat. So when I told them I was looking for a paleo baking flour and they didn’t have one, they made it happen! How awesome is that?! And it’s available online, ready to grab and bake!
The mix is made with almond flour, arrowroot starch, organic coconut flour, and tapioca flour and comes in a big 1 pound bag. And you can use it as a 1:1 replacement for conventional wheat flour so you can create grain-free pizza, pancakes, muffins, flatbreads, cakes and more, all while using this grain-free, dairy-free, gluten-free and bean-free flour that is high in fiber and protein!
So now when you shop at Nuts.com, you can grab all your favorite paleo pantry staples like raw nuts, dried fruits, coffees and now this amazing baking mix! And I would definitely load up, if possible, because I plan on making many recipes in the future with this mix, both savory and sweet!!
- 1 bag of Paleo Baking Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 3 medium eggs
- ¾ cup (about 5 large tangerines) freshly squeezed tangerine juice
- ⅔ cup maple sugar
- ¼ cup lemon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon tangerine zest (zest of 2 tangerines)
- zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- ¼ cup organic powdered sugar*
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed tangerine juice
- zest of ½ tangerine
- 4 basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- tangerine slices (optional)
- basil leaves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan and line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together paleo baking flour, baking soda, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, tangerine juice, olive oil, sugar, vanilla extract, citrus zest, and basil. Pour liquid into dry mixture and use a spatula to fold until everything is incorporated. Pour batter into loaf pan then place in the oven to bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle of the loaf.
- Once loaf is done cooking, remove from oven and let it sit in the loaf pan for 10 minutes before removing it and setting it on a cooling rack to cool.
- When the loaf has cooled but it is still warm, whisk together the glaze. Pour glaze on top of loaf and garnish with tangerine slices and basil leaves!
In Partnership With:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!