So the week of Lake Powell posts are coming to a close. I know, I know, I’m sad too. But I have to get back to reality and start posting about my lack of love life, CrossFit competitions coming up (like tomorrow) and new found love for plantains and plantain chips. I’m a bit obsessed. BUT SOMETHING BIG NEEDS TO BE TALKED ABOUT!! The winners of the Well Fed Cookbook. I have TWO to give out and I’m very excited to announce the winners!
Here they are!! Stephanie R. and Lane! If that’s your name so you think it’s you, make sure to wait for an email. Or you may be very disappointed when a book doesn’t show up at your doorstep. But keep checking your email because I will be sending you an email asking for you address!! Yay! Thank you for everyone who commented on the blog and checked out Melissa’s blog! You all are awesome! Keep paleo-ing it up!
Now let’s talk about Lake Powell to end this last post. I really need to get through this Post Powell Depression. I have a competition tomorrow and next weekend and I’m slightly injured from my jumping-off-moving-boats stupidity. Next year, I plan on doing less stupid things and more drinking. I know that seems like a catch-22 and you probably think I’m an alcoholic from the stories I shared and the pictures I posted, but I really didn’t drink a ton. Only one night did I drink like a sailor and was a b*tch like a prom queen. Next year I’ll just drink like a sailor and curse like one too. That’s my nature anyways.
So even though I’m slightly injured and look like a train wreck (a leathery tan one), I still was able to get in 3 workouts while I was in Powell. We left Tuesday night so I worked out Tuesday morning at the gym then rested Wednesday, worked out Thursday, Friday, and Saturday then rested on Sunday when we headed back home. I know you care about all this, but 2 people asked, so I explain. The workouts were pretty damn simple because I needed a break from lifting heavy and mostly just wanted to keep my motor going. They weren’t original nor did I mix it up. But I didn’t care. I was did over 100 burpees while still intoxicated most of the time. Suck it. So here they are.
- Thursday: 100 burpees then squat cleans with the biggest rock I could lift and hold on to
- Friday: 115 burpees then 3×10 front squats with the rock
- Saturday: 125 burpees then 4 rounds: 10 front squats with the rock and 10 push ups
That was the most boring paragraph I’ve had all week. Moving on.
So there were a couple things that I see as the best part of the trip. I’ll list them off.
- One day I woke up and felt a little bit of cabin fever setting in, so I grabbed a paddle board and set out onto the lake. Our houseboat was back in this little channel (I have no idea what it’s called) so I just started paddling away onto even more channels (still don’t know what it’s called). I would paddle then get bored of paddling so I would just lie down on my stomach to tan my butt then on my back so I could stare up at the awesome rocks. Then I would paddle again. At some point, my friend Jeff met up with me and we paddled back into this little dead end channel, did a little cliff jump, then just laid there for probably a good hour. I may be exaggerating, but time don’t mean sh*t in Powell. I probably spent a good 2-3 hours out on the paddleboard just moseyin’ along. It was awesome. I couldn’t stop smiling about how quiet it was, how gorgeous it was, and how happy I was.
- Then one day we decided it was going to be a day we ALL spent out on the water. A lot of us would split up and do our own thing during the day, but that day was going to be spent as friends forever. So we loaded the boat with as much alcohol as possible (understand one thing-we ran out of ice at this point so that meant all of the beers were pretty warm…and vodka…and whiskey) and took off into this little cave thing. We called it the bat cave. I saw bat. A dead one actually. And we hung out there all day. Some of us hiked and cliff jumped and some just held down the fort with music on repeat and drunken dance moves. It was awesome. We had three boats back in this crevice which were filled with people just hanging out and watching other play drinking games. It was just happy times out on the water. So awesome. So fun. This is kind of what it looked like.
- I did back flips off the wakeboard boat. I love feeling like a kid again, on a diving board, being a dumbass and doing tricks that aren’t really tricks at all. I LOVE that feeling. Growing up is silly.
- Oh, and something that wasn’t exactly fun but a good experience was going #2 on land. It sucks. Toilets are incredibly helpful. Thanks for reading my blog up until this point. I wonder how many complaint emails I’ll get for that comment.
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan and place under medium heat. Let cook down and flavors mix for about 10 minutes under some of your blueberries have exploded and you have a deep purple color.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Place mixture in a food processor or blender and puree until blueberries are broken down.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker
- Scoop. Eat. Be merry for paleo ice cream.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!