It’s been a short few days in Boise, Idaho and I’m about to head back home this evening. But before I go, I’ll be trying out two more restaurants, stopping in at a local gym, biking around town and snacking on some chocolate. Not a bad Tuesday, if I do say so myself. But honestly, I’m excited to get back home. Whenever I travel, I’m always pumped for my own home cooked meals and my normal workouts. I don’t feel quite the same until I get back home and in a little routine. Along with being around my pup. That dog gives me life!!!!
So a couple weeks ago, I sent out a newsletter asking people to write me back with requests about what they would like to see on the blog! I received all sorts of answers including some snacks, such as energy balls. And it pretty much just gave me an excuse to make more energy balls. And made my husband extra happy. He’s into balls, I guess. These are perfect for keeping in the fridge at home or packing with you to work. And they are darn tootin’ tasty!
I hate myself for saying darn tootin’.
So get this. My husband is officially into golfing. He’s a golfer. And I support it because it keeps his stress levels down and gets him excited about something. Plus it keeps him busy whenever I’m on the road traveling. But the thing about golf is, well it’s the only sport that you have to really pay to practice. And that’s dumb. I’m still supportive but why can’t he get into running. Running is free! It’s boring AF but it’s free! My friend told me that I should try to get into golf with him and that I could just take lessons to get really good then drink while I played with him. The thing is, I don’t like playing golf or drinking. So that’s just not gonna work.
Speaking of not drinking, I went to a baby shower for one of my close girlfriends this past weekend and MAN…yet another day in the books to get more freaked out by having a baby. They all talked about potty training and their child handing them their poop. I was in the grocery store last week and this 10 year old girl was carrying around a chihuahua. Before I knew it, she was holding the dog out and running through the store. And I quickly almost stepped in dog poop, which was scattered throughout the store and stepped in a couple times. That’s what I imagine potty training to be like.
Just a little imagery for you before you make energy balls. You’re welcome.
- 1 cup raw cashew butter (8 ounces)
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 8 pitted dates
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons vanilla protein powder
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 2 tablespoons ground chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- Place all ingredients in a food processor (except for the chocolate chips) and pulse until completely combine.
- Then fold in chocolate chips and dried blueberries until combine. Place in fridge to firm up for about 30 minutes.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop mixture then press mixture firmly in the cookie scoop. Remove then form ball with hands. Repeat until all mixture is gone, about 14-15 energy balls.
- Store in fridge until serving.
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!