So here’s the thing, before you all go up in arms about this product, it is NOT totally paleo. It’s gluten free. And well, people who don’t eat strict paleo look at my website as well. SOOOOO, I’m going to support a local business/product that I love and think has amazing stuff to share with the world. If you want to b*tch about any of the ingredients in the product, cool, just don’t do it here. I’ve eaten this product, I’ve loved it, and I finally have the opportunity to eat pasta without crapping my pants OR not being able to crap at all. Pretty awesome.
Let me tell you a little about them. Benjamin, I sometimes call him Randy, stopped by my gym one day and asked the trainers and I to try out his new product. Well, I loved it. I made a delicious chicken pasta dish and liked it, a lot. Since then Ben/Randy and Stacey have given me some of their other products to try and they have brought me to tears. Especially once I made this recipe. Like wow, it was yummy. Lasagna or dessert rollatini, no matter how you make it, its’ awesome!
So guess what?? Ben and Stacey are nice enough to do a giveaway for all you wonderful PaleOMG readers. Ok, not really all of you. Only 3 people will win AND you have to live in the lower 48. Sorry, that’s just how it is. But for the lucky 3 people who do win, you will win a mix box of 1 fettuccine, 1 gnocchi, and one 1 lasagna. SAY WHAT?! Yes, you will. So this is what you gotta do:
- First off, check out their website. It’s a cool website. Then you can see all their products and all the ingredients!
- Then go to their Facebook page and like it! Do it!
- Then leave a comment on my site and tell me what fun concoction you would make from Cappello’s fettucine, lasagna, or gnocchi!
Then once you try out Cappello’s, you can try out this recipe. It’s delish. It tastes like cinnamon rolls. Believe me, I would know.
Giveaway will close by Friday October 5th at 11:59pm.
- 3 Cappello’s lasagna sheets (cut in half, width-wise)
- ½ cup macadamia nuts
- 3 tablespoons almond oil (or other nut oil)
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 banana, peeled and diced
- 6 dried dates, pits removed, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Now make your macadamia nut butter. Place your macadamia nuts in your food processor and once they begin to break down, pour in your almond oil while it is still running.
- When your macadamia nut butter begin to become smooth, add your raw honey, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt and mix together.
- Lay out your 3 lasagna sheets, cut in half width wise to create 6 sheets and start making your rollatini.
- Spread some of your macadamia nut butter on the sheet, then top with banana and dates, roll it up, then make then rest of your 5 rollatini.
- Place side by side in a greased bread pan or other baking dish and top with any extra macadamia nut butter and a bit of cinnamon.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the edges of your rollatini begin to brown.
- Let cool.