Well that’s a mouth full, isn’t it?
This cake is probably my most favorite cake I’ve ever made. Which is silly because it’s so so simple. Simple and delicious. That’s my favorite kinds of food.
I’m watching ‘Sixteen Candles’ right now. What a classic. I miss movies like that. The ones that were produced before I was born.
Oh sh*t, I’m watching ‘The Breakfast Club’ now. BEST NIGHT EVER.
So I’m heading to South Dakota today. Got a sweet little wedding reception to go to. We’re staying at a cabin, going to a lake, drinking some ice cold beverages, and probably eating a lot of food. The bride likes to eat, which is why I really like her, among other reasons, so we will be chowing down on a regular basis. Let’s talk about what I’m packing in my cooler to share with the other lovely people going.
- A sweet potato and chorizo egg casserole
- A potato and breakfast sausage egg casserole
- This delicious carrot breakfast protein cake
- Chocolate zucchini muffins from my zucchini bread recipe
- Bacon wrapped cream cheese stuffed jalapeños
- Food Should Taste Good sweet potato chips
- Chili Lime plantain chips from Sprouts
- Sandwiches for the lake made with gluten free bread, kerrygold cheddar cheese, turkey and ham (wish me luck that this bread doesn’t taste like balls)
- Quest Bars
- Fruit and nut trail mix – almonds, pecans, cashews, dried mango, and raisins
- Chocolate and nut trail mix – almonds, pecans, cashews, dark chocolate drops (fancy m&m’s), and dark chocolate peanuts
- Coconut water
- Strawberry flavored soda water
- Lime flavored soda water
That’s all I got. I think. I’m sure a few other snacks made it in there. No, not all of these foods are paleo. Neither are my friends. And I like making them happy. That’s the point of spending hours in the kitchen getting ready for a 3 day trip.
Moving on. I’m actually really excited about this trip now, mainly because now I get to take a couple rest days. I did CrossFit and ran every day for 6 days in a row, and I’m slightly miserable. When I was competing in CrossFit, it was normal to feel this miserable. But now I don’t really like that feeling. I like feeling sore. I like feeling like a worked hard. But I don’t like feeling like my limbs may snap if I step on a crack wrong. And that’s how I’m feeling right about now. My ankles, my wrists, my shoulders. They are all about to break. Is the age of 25 when I start to break down? My friend Kam said it was. What a bummer.
- 2 large carrots, finely shredded
- ⅔ cup almond butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 35 grams (or 1 heaping scoop) Formulx Vanilla Whey Protein Powder (or 2 tablespoons coconut flour if you do not eat use protein powder)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Shred carrots as thin as possible. Place in large bowl.
- Add almond butter and eggs and mix well.
- Then add honey, protein powder, cinnamon, baking powder and salt and mix well.
- Fold in raisins.
- Grease an 8x8 glass baking dish with coconut oil, pour batter into the dish and place in oven. Bake for 35 minutes or until the top of the cake has a nice crust to it.
- Let cool before cutting.