I’m not a person who cares about presents or gifts or jewelry or any of that. The only thing I hope to receive when my birthday or a special holiday rolls around is simply chocolate. Don’t give me the latest electronic or a robot that is bad at googling. No thank you. I want a cake or brownies or ice cream. If you buy me a treat, it feels like you truly care about me. If you make me a treat, now I know you REALLY love me.
Diamond necklace? No thank you. Chocolate necklace? Yes please!
That’s how obsessed I am with chocolate.
If you’ve been following me for any of the 6 years I’ve been posting, you know that I kind of live off of Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips. You can find them in old recipes like my Sweet Potato Brownies and my Blueberry & Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Loaf that I made in 2012 or my Peppermint Patty Chocolate Almond Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Balls made in 2014. Pretty much any recipe that you go back to look through that includes chocolate chips always has Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips, Mega Chunks or Dark Chocolate Morsels. And that’s because they are gluten-free, dairy-free, peanut-free, tree nut-free, egg-free and free from the eight most common allergens. Enjoy Life’s mission is to provide delicious products for individuals with celiac disease, those who are lactose-intolerant or simply have allergies or sensitivities. They want all people to be able to still enjoy the foods they love and to EAT FREELY!
Enjoy Life has products that range from chocolate chips to soft baked cookies, chewy bars, and baking mixes. And they continue to add more to their line so even more individuals can enjoy the food they know and love, no matter their allergy.
And right now Enjoy Life is offering you amazing readers 15% off Enjoy Life baking chocolate for the month of June! The regular sale is the 5th-12th, but since you guys are the best and probably love chocolate as much as I do, you get to save for longer! Simply click here and try out their mini chips, chocolate chunks, chocolate morsels, or their snack packs and get 15% off your order using the promo code OMG15. Now go get your chocolate before this discount is gone!
For the crust
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons ghee
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
For the chocolate layer
- 1 cup Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips
- cream from 1 (14 ounce) can of full-fat coconut milk*
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the toppings
- 2/3 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/3 cup Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips
To make the crust
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease an 8x8 glass baking dish and line with parchment paper. Add all ingredients for the crust into a food processor and pulse until completely combine. The dough should mix into a slight ball once combined. Put dough in a pan and use your fingers to press dough around evenly throughout the pan. Poke holes with a fork in the dough to keep it from rising in the oven. Bake crust for 18-20 minutes, until golden brown. Remove then let crust cool for about 10-15 minutes.
For the chocolate layer
- Place 1 cup of chocolate chips in a double boiler over low heat and melt chocolate. Stir until chocolate has melted and becomes shiny. Remove from heat and let cool for about 5 minutes then add in vanilla and mix.
- Scoop coconut cream from the can and place in the bowl with the melted chocolate. Fold coconut cream into chocolate and continue to fold until no white coconut cream remains.
- Pour chocolate layer onto crust and smooth out throughout the baking dish. Press raspberries throughout the dish and top with the last ⅓ of mini chocolate chips.
- Place cookie bars in the fridge to set for 1 or more hours before serving. Slice into 16 bars and eat up!
In Partnership With:
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post is brought to you by Enjoy Life Foods. I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!