I’ve just recently become fond of steak. It’s just really chewy, like REALLY. I feel like my jaw becomes so tired that my stomach gives up all hope of ever being satisfied. But there is still hope stomach, don’t give up now!!
My cute little old man (that’s my father if you didn’t get my jist) showed me what a london broil was a few months ago and I’ve fallen in love. If you can’t get a guy, get a steak, right? That sounded weird. I just totally made you uncomfortable didn’t I? My b. But I’m serious.
So now that it’s summer and comfort food just seems a bit hot and overbearing, it’s time to find a dish that is crisp and refreshing…Well DAMN, you are lucky that you’re reading this paragraph this very second. Lucky I tell you. Because this meal is delicious, refreshing, and sets your taste buds into pandemonium.
- 1.5-2 lb london broil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- gallon sized Ziploc bag
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil (I used a mild flavor)
- juice of 3 limes, zest of 1 lime
- juice of 1 orange
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Grab your Ziploc bag, add your london broil to it along with all the other ingredients below. Not the citrus dressing ingredients you weirdo.
- Shake the bag, push all the ingredients together, knead the steak. KNEAD IT! Just give it some loving. Then set it in the fridge to marinate for 2+ hours. How long did I marinate mine? Freaking 48 hours people. You know why? Because that's how sh*t goes sometimes people!
- Ok, you've marinated and now it's time to prepare this chunk o' meat. Heat up that grill!!
- Now, you have 2 options. #1 If your grill has 2 burners, turn one on HIGH. You will sear both sides of the steak on the HIGH heat burner. This will just take 1-2 minutes per side. #2 Or, if you don't have a grill with multiple burners, sear your steak in a pan over very high heat with a bit of fat in the pan. This will only take 1-2 minutes per side.
- Once you've seared both sides of the steak, flip it to your medium heat burner and close the grill. Let this side cook for about 4-5 minutes. Then flip to the other side
- While the steak is cooking, head in the kitchen to make your citrus dressing.
- Add all your ingredients for your dressing together and whisk together.
- Once your steak is done cooking--you can poke at it to tell if it's done--if your finger sinks in deep, it's probably not quite ready. If the meat has a bit of push back when you poke it, that chunk o' meat is ready!! It all depends how cooked your like yours. I like mine pink. I know you cared.
- Once the steak is done, set it on a plate to rest for at least an hour. That means leave it the hell alone and let the juices meld together.
- After it has has finished resting, cut it thinly with a SHARP knife and add it to your dressing. Mix thoroughly. Store in the fridge for a more crisp and refreshing flavor.
Grocery List Helper:
- London Broil: on sale at Whole Foods for $4.99/lb
- Coconut Aminos: bought at Whole Foods or order online
- Apple Cider Vinegar: buy a cheap brand