There are few things that I dislike in this world, but there still are some. People talking about politics on Facebook, eggplant, swallowing pills, flies and people talking about their love lives on Facebook. Oh, and Facebook. But what I also highly dislike is tea. If I’m going to drink water that tastes like dirty water, I might as well just drink water. Amirightoramiright? The only way I actually like drinking tea is when it’s mixed with something. It’s gotta be sweet, it’s gotta be flavorful and it’s gotta not taste like tea. Ja feel me?
This is where Thai iced tea comes into play. Have you ever had Thai iced tea at an actual Thai restaurant? It’s goooooooood. But honestly, a little too sweet for my liking. And believe me, I like sweet. But they must add 400 pounds of sugar per cup and as you may have heard in my recent Weekly Workouts post, sugar ain’t too good when it comes to the waistline. So I made my own version, with less sugar, and LOTS of flavor. Plus I actually want to drink it and it makes me feel like I’m cool. Everyone cool is drinking tea these days. EVERYONE.
You wanna know something weird? Forever now I’ve been waking up DRENCHED at night. Not just kind of sweaty, I mean completely sweaty, head to toe. I would have to wrap myself in a towel, it was that bad. Well I started to try to figure out what was causing it. Was it the temperature, was it caffeine, was it something I was wearing? Nope. None of the above. It’s the lotion I’ve been wearing. Since I live in Colorado and Colorado loves to suck any and all moisture from your body plus being on accutane years ago, I’m constantly dry. Constantly. So, of course, I always shower at night after my workout then put on heavy duty lotion to make sure I don’t shrivel into a creepy raisin lady. Well, after one night of being freaked out thinking I peed myself, I noticed that my legs felt extra glossy. No, not from pee, from the lotion. And it clicked. The lotion must clog my pours and keep me from cooling down properly. At least that’s what I think. I haven’t put on lotion at night ever since and I haven’t woken sweaty since. How weird is that? I’ll have to be a creep raisin lady just so I can have a full night sleep. You win some, you lose some.
Wait, did you guys see my post yesterday about my partnership with Real Plans?! I’m seriously SO EXCITED! The things I hear the most when it comes to why people don’t eat paleo is convenience. It’s just too hard to plan all the meals for all their family members. Well Real Plans is making it easier than ever and have created the most elaborate and powerful online meal planning website. You gotta check it out! Click here to read more about it! It is so.freaking.cool!
- 4 cups water
- 4 black tea bags
- 3 anise stars
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 whole cloves
- ⅓ cup maple syrup (or less, to personal taste)
- 20 drops stevia extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Pacific Foods Organic Original Coconut Milk, chilled
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ vanilla bean, cut in half, seeds removed
- Place 4 cups of water in a medium saucepan. Bring to boil then remove from heat and immediately add the rest of the ingredients for the tea and let steep for about 20 minutes and cool. Strain tea through a sieve into a container and place in the fridge to cool completely.
- Once tea is cool, whisk together Pacific Foods Organic Original Coconut Milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract and vanilla beans.
- Add ice to 4-5 glasses, fill each glass ¾ full with tea and top the other ¼ with coconut milk mixture. Mix to combine before drinking!
In Partnership With:
You May Also Like: