Ok, please understand something. This dish is f*cking delicious. I absolutely positively love it with all my heart. It is the perfect Ineedtakeoutchinesefoodrightnow kind of food. Without the MSG. And poops the next day. Just FYI, this isn’t the best for leftovers since it has a coating and is fried. Still delicious but not crispy when eaten the next day. So eat this all up. Have your take out fast food. Without the poops.
I’m over being sick. After 4+ days of having a cold, I’m done. I have sh*t to do, cold. I have a life to live, recipes to make, workouts to do and you’re really cramping my style. And as I type this, I wonder what disease may creep into my life in the future. Not in a pessimistic outlook, but more of a realistic observation that a sickness far worse may come into my life and really f*ck things up. Maybe I’ll know how to better deal with it then. I’ve had so many amazing people email me with stories of sickness and how they’ve come out of it and stayed positive through it all. And I’m over here complaining about a little cold. Grow up, Juli, you’re the worst.
Guess what? I officially have a lovely veil. After talking about not having one of my blog, a friend that I met through the crazy world wide web emailed me and offered hers, as my something borrowed. How adorable is that? So now I have long, simple beautiful veil to wear for the 20 minutes during my ceremony and hopefully get some pretty pics in it. I’m sure when I get to Jamaica and see how windy it will be, I may question it, but I just really really want to wear a veil. It’s the one time I’ll actually have an excuse to wear one. So fingers crossed!
Crap, I still need to sell the wedding dress I’m not wearing. Maybe I should take pics and put it on here and see if anyone wants it! You never know! I seriously love it so much.
I think this weekend is the weekend I actually figure out what I need to have ready for our wedding. I THINK my girls have their dresses nailed down (I let them pick their own) and now I just need to find a blush shirt for my bridesman. Then we also need to put party favors together and see if we need to ship them or if we can get them in a suitcase to take with us. It’s go time, people!
- 2 pound beef (I used sirloin steak), cut into thin strips against the grain
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- pinch of salt
- pinch of garlic powder
- ⅓ cup tapioca or arrowroot flour
- whole jar of coconut oil or lard or duck fat
- 1 batch of orange glaze
- 1-2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- pinch of salt
- green onions, to garnish
- white and black sesame seeds, to garnish
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Place a wire rack on top and coat or spray with oil.
- Place beef in a bowl with coconut aminos, salt and garlic powder. Toss to coat completely. Add tapioca flour to another bowl then add beef, completely coat in the tapioca flour, then use tongs to tap each piece of beef off of excess tapioca and place on the wire rack. Repeat with all meat then place in the freezer for 45 minutes.
- While beef freezer, make the orange glaze then set aside.
- In a large saute pan, add ghee along with peppers and a bit of salt. Toss until soft and cooked through. Set aside.
- Lastly, place a dutch oven or deep pot over medium heat. Add coconut oil (or lard or duck fat) to the pot to create about 3 inches deep worth of fat. Heat fat until 375 degrees. Once hot, add 5-6 pieces of beef at a time, making sure to not crowd the pan because that will drop the temperature and the meat will not cook correctly. Let beef cook for 2-3 minutes then remove and place on a paper lined plate to remove excess oil. Repeat until all meat is cooked through.
- Lastly, place orange glaze back over heat. Once mixture becomes warm, add peppers and beef to toss and heat through for about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately and garnish with green onions and black and white sesame seeds. Eat up!
More Take Out Food Ideas!