Oh hi! How ya doing? What’s going on in your life right now?! I’m just over here enjoying every second of the 70 degree days we’ve been getting in Colorado lately. It’s been so so weird. The snow that we usually get in March seems to pummeling the east coast instead. It’s suppose to be 80 degrees here in Colorado but, of course, I’m heading to San Diego where it’s suppose to be 68 degrees. What the tits. I was ready to throw on my bikini and get a tan just in time for Costa Rica next month, but I guess I’ll be loading up on spray tan instead. Scute.
I probably should have just stayed in California since I was in LA last weekend for Expo West. Which by the way, was SO.MUCH.FUN. Me, Cassy and Vanessa got a hotel with a kitchen and loft in it, so we had a ton of space, we cooked many meals while we were there, and then we just girlfriend’d out with watching Netflix, ordering gluten free pizzas, and making paleo cookies. And that was just when we weren’t at the Expo!
The expo was much more intense than Netflix and snacks. It was filled with over 2500 booths with almost every company you’ve ever seen in a store or heard of. It had large companies like Larabar, Justin’s and Bob’s Red Mill then it had smaller companies that were just starting out or really making a name for themselves like Picnik, MALK, and No Bake Cookie Company. And every single station had snacks at it so we were able to taste the new products coming on the market and take food home with us! We probably hit MAYBE 100 booths, maybe. So I can’t wait to go back next year and have an actual game plan to make sure we see more companies and get more time in each day. I wore super comfy shoes and my back and feet were killing me by the end! I’ve been doing PaleoFX for the past 4 years, but I think Expo West is going to be the new PFX. Too bad they can’t host Expo West in Austin. Because now I need to make an excuse to go to Austin this year. And move there. Still working on my husband with that one.
Speaking of traveling, I’m officially obsessed with a travel blogger. I don’t follow any travel bloggers, but recently came across this woman named Lesley on instagram and started following her actual blog. I don’t read many blog because food is usually the only thing that interests me, but I’m just always working on my own blog and recipes, so I just don’t really follow anyone’s religiously. But when I found Lesley’s instagram (PS I’m pretty sure she was on the Bachelor at some point), I fell in love with her infectious personality and fun ass life. I’m not sure if she even lives anywhere, she seems to just be traveling constantly. And her blog is filled with all sorts of information about different travel locations, places to stay and airlines to fly comfortably on. I’m obsessed. You guys need to check her out!
Do you have any blogs you’re loving lately?! Tell me everything!
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes
- 2 tablespoons high heat avocado oil or melted ghee
- 1-2 tablespoons taco seasonings (depending on your taste)
For the hot sauce aioli
- cilantro, roughly chopped
- green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil.
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Put lid on top and place over medium heat. Bring to boil and then cook for 10 minutes or until fork tender. Drain.
- Place potatoes on baking sheet and use a potato smasher to press the potatoes until the break open slightly. Use a brush to brush each potato with oil then sprinkle taco seasonings on top of all of them. Put baking sheet in oven to bake for 20 minutes, until potatoes are crispy.
- While the potatoes cook, mix together the mayo and hot sauce until combine and leave in the fridge to keep cool.
- Once the potatoes are done cooking, drizzle the aioli on top and sprinkle with cilantro and green onions before serving!
More Starchy Taters!
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!