Posted by http://paleomg.com/dairy-free-cream-cheese-frosted-carrot-loaf/
© 2018 PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes. All rights reserved.
Dairy-Free Cream Cheese Frosted Carrot Loaf
For the frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8x4 loaf pan with oil then line the middle with parchment paper. It will make it easier to remove from the pan without it coming apart.
- In a food processor, pulse together bananas, maple syrup, vanilla extract, eggs, and almond butter.
- Then add coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves and pulse until completely combine.
- Pour batter into a large bowl and add the finely shredded carrots. Use a spatula to mix the batter with the carrots. Then pour the batter into the grease baking dish.
- Place in oven to bake for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean in the middle of the carrot loaf. Once completely cooked through, remove from oven, place on cooling rack and let rest until completely cool.
- Once you put the carrot loaf in the oven, place the room temperature almond milk cream cheese in a stand mixer fitted with the flat beater attachment. Whip on high speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes, scraping down the sides every 30 seconds. Add the maple sugar and vanilla extract and beat for another 2 minutes, until fully and combined. Place frosting in a closed container in the fridge to set until loaf is baked and completely cooled then use an offset spatula to frost the loaf before you slice up!