I love scrambles. Seriously, love them. I go back and forth with eggs. I will cut myself off from eating them for a while because I feel like they make me bloated, then I want them oh so badly so I stop caring and take the bloat. It gives more curves, right? Totes. Anywho, I’m obsessed with dill at the moment. And dill is a weird herb that doesn’t go in a ton of food. But with eggs, sweet potatoes and salmon…I’m about to scream. It’s so good. Just a fact.
When I hear a package dropped off at my doorstep, I get so excited. Yesterday, I had a silicone muffin pan arrive at my doorstep. Guess I need to make cupcakes. Or muffins. Or anything in a muffin shape. I’m pumped!
So I’m 25, if you didn’t know that fun fact, and even though I don’t have many wrinkles, I’m noticing them coming into view more and more. It doesn’t bother me too much, but I have some girlfriends who’ve told me that they wish they would have started using wrinkle cream at my age. And well, I’m not ready for botox. I’m completely supportive of plastic surgery and anybody who wants to shoot some botox into their body, but I’m not there yet. But I do want to try to keep the wrinkles from crevacing (yes, I know it’s not a word) into my skin. So the other day, I went to the beauty store to try to find some day and night cream. Once I got into the store, I was already lost. Usually when I walk into that store, I’m bombarded with people trying to sell me sh*t. But the one day that I actually need help, no one is there. I even said excuse me to a woman three times and she ignored me. She could have just not heard me, but I was standing 1 foot away, staring at her, so I think it was a ‘I have better things to do right now’ kind of ignore.
I then proceeded to the anti wrinkle cream area and started trying to read the product names. Like that wasn’t hard enough, I had to sort through terminology I absolutely do not understand. Once I found something that said DAY CREAM and NIGHT CREAM (terminology I do understand) I looked at the price. $120 for each cream. Are you high? I don’t know if this stuff is even going to work. You want to sell me something that promises to make me look less old in 10 years. WHAT IF IT DOESN’T WORK?? Then I’ve wasted hundreds, probably even thousands of dollars just hoping to have a smoother face? Wrinkles are exhausting.
- 2 whole eggs + 1 egg yolk, whisked
- 2 pieces of smoked salmon, torn apart
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons of fat (coconut oil, olive oil, bacon fat, etc.)
- Whisk eggs in a bowl. Add salmon, dill, garlic, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper and mix together.
- Heat a small saucepan over low heat and add fat to grease the pan.
- Once pan is warm, add egg mixture. Use a wooden spoon to continuously whisk the mixture around until eggs completely cook through.
- I topped my eggs on top of dill sweet potato wedges and some roasted veggies.