- 1 lb grass fed ground beef
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1.5 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1.5 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced-I like mine in circles!
- 1 package of thinly sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Grab a large mixing bowl and add your beef and spices. Mix well to combine.
- Heat a medium skillet up and add your coconut oil. Add in your onions and stir a bit to help cover the onions in oil, then add a tablespoon or so of water and cover to help steam the onions.
- As the onions begin to brown, grab out a large skillet and add your olive oil to warm up under medium-high heat for your sliders.
- Form your sliders into small patties. Mine were about 2-3 inches wide once i pressed them down. Add to hot skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes on both sides.
- As the sliders are cooking, keep stirring around the onions to help make sure they don't burn. When they have cooked for about 6-8 minutes, add mushrooms and re-cover with a tablespoon of water.
- Once the sliders are done cooking, set them aside while you finish the onions and mushrooms.
- Once the mushrooms and onions are almost cooked through, add your balsamic vinegar and mix to combine.
- Top your cooked sliders off with some ground mustard (why the hell wouldn't you use mustard) and the onions and mushrooms. This meal will not disappoint!
Recipe by PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes at http://paleomg.com/cinnamon-chipotle-sliders/