Mexican Hash Egg Bake
- 1lb chorizo
- 1 (14 oz) can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 6-8 eggs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fat of choice (I used bacon fat)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat up a large skillet or cast iron skillet under medium heat.
- Add your fat and minced garlic.
- When the garlic becomes fragrant, toss in your onions, sweet potatoes and chorizo to begin to cook down.
- Use a wooden spoon or whatever you have on hand to break up the chorizo and mix around to incorporate everything. Cover to help steam the sweet potatoes.
- Let cook for about 6-8 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Add your tomatoes and spices and mix together.
- If you are not using a cast iron skillet, pour your hash into a baking dish.
- Use a spoon to press into the hash where you want your eggs to go.
- Crack your eggs directly on top of hash.
- Bake for 5-8 minutes depending how runny you want your eggs. Just press on the egg yolk with your finger to see how done it is!
Recipe by PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes at http://paleomg.com/mexican-hash-egg-bake/