Blueberry Chai Muffins
- 1 ¾ cup almond flour
- 1 cup dates, pitted (I used a mixture of dates and prunes)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 chai blend tea bags, opened
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup dried blueberries (or fresh if you’d like)--buy dried in bulk section
- Muffin tin liners
- Coconut crystals (optional)--i bought mine at Whole Foods or shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grab your handy-dandy food processor. If you don’t have one, your life is going to be much more difficult, so invest in one…you SO won’t regret it!! Combine wet ingredients in your food processor: dates, coconut milk, coconut oil, vanilla, and eggs. Turn that wonderful food processor on and let run until you get a smooth, slightly wet paste.
- While your food processor does all the work for you, grab out a large bowl and combine your dry ingredients: almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, chai tea bags, and cinnamon.
- Once your date mixture is well combine, add your wet ingredients to your bowl of dry ingredients. Stir until mixture is fully combined. The muffin mix should be slightly runny, but thicker than normal crappy-grain filled muffins :)
- Fold in your dried blueberries into the mixture.
- Now grab your muffin tin and line 6-7 muffin centers with a liner. You can use normal paper liners OR check out these silicone liners that are absolutely fantastic!! Nothing sticks to them—so they are great for egg muffins as well, just FYI.
- Fill 6-7 muffin tins with your delicious muffin mix.
- If you want a bit more sugar added to this recipe, top your muffins off with some coconut crystals (or shredded coconut) before you throw them in the oven. Coconut crystals are super sweet and act like sugar crystals….ahhhhh hells yeah. Optional though!!
- Now throw those little suckers in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the middle of a muffin to make sure it comes off clean. Let cool for 5 minutes before you chow down!!
Recipe by PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes at http://paleomg.com/paleo-blueberry-chai-muffins/