Simple Paleo Chicken Burgers
- 1lb (or more) ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1-2 tablespoons italian seasoning (a mix of basil, oregano, thyme, and sage)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon red pepper
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 bundle asparagus, ends cut off
- 1 avocado
- some kind of fat--olive oil, coconut oil, etc. (this is if you decide to use a skillet)
- Grab out a large bowl and put your ground chicken into the bowl.
- Add all seasonings and get your hands a bit dirty. Mix the ground chicken and seasoning together until well combined.
- This is where you can be creative--heat up your grill for more of a burger flare OR be like me (not having a grill) and heat up a large skillet with a bit of fat.
- Divide meat into 4 equal portion sizes and create chicken burger patties, rounding them out then flattening them down a bit.
- Add to grill or skillet. Let these cook for about 8-10 minutes on both sides or until the centers are no longer pink. They may take a bit less time on the grill though!
- Now once your chicken burgers are good and cooked, set them off to the side and add your asparagus directly to the pan (you may have to drain a bit of the leftover fat, but keep some for flavor!!).
- Add a little extra garlic powder and onion powder to your asparagus spears while they cook. Toss them around a bit so they get coated and then add about a tablespoon of water to your pan and cover so they are able to steam for a few minutes.
- Once they have steamed and are ready to eat, grab a chicken burger and put it along side some spears and top it off with a bit of avocado.
Recipe by PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes at http://paleomg.com/simple-paleo-chicken-burgers/