Paleo Sweet Potato Pilaf
- 3-4 strips bacon (or more, really), diced
- 1 head cauliflower, riced (don't worry, we'll go over it)
- 1 sweet potato, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Heat up a medium saucepan under medium heat, add your diced bacon and let that start to cook down and release the fat.
- While the bacon cooks, cut your cauliflower into smaller florets, place in a bowl and put in the microwave for 2 minutes to help soften it up.
- Once the cauliflower is done cookin, add it to your food processor. I used my shredding attachment but you can always use a regular blade as well. Shred those heads!
- Now once your bacon is done cooking, remove it from the pan with a slotted spoon and place the pieces on a paper towel. Try not eating it, just try. I failed miserably.
- First toss in your minced garlic to the bacon fat saucepan, then add your riced cauliflower and mix to combine it all. Now add your sweet potatoes as well. Mix to combine.
- Pour in your chicken broth and spices and mix to thoroughly combine.
- Let simmer for about 6-10 minutes or until cauliflower AND sweet potato are tender.
- Add extra (if there is any left) bacon on top.
Recipe by PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes at http://paleomg.com/paleo-sweet-potato-pilaf/