Blood Orange Salsa over Pecan Encrusted Tilapia
- 2 tilapia filets
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 cup pecans
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried tarragon
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 blood oranges, peeled and cut in halves
- 2 clementines, peeled and cut in halves
- ½ jalapeno, seeds removed and finely diced
- ½ small red onion, diced
- ½ lime, juiced
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- pinch of salt
- Add your pecans and coconut to a food processor. Pulse until they turn into almost bread crumbs. Not until its a pecan butter. Duh.
- Then add your seasonings along with a bit of salt and pepper and pulse a few more times to incorporate.
- Whisk your egg in a separate large, flat bottomed bowl.
- Now put your pecan bread crumbs on a plate or any wide dish that will be convenient enough to put your filets in.
- Now heat up a large skillet with a bit of coconut oil.
- Dip your tilapia in the egg whites then transfer over to your pecan bread crumbs and coat on both sides. Repeat with other filets.
- Add pecan breaded tilapia directly to your hot pan.
- Cook on both sides for 5-6 minutes, being sure not to burn the crust. Pecans and coconut can burn easily so keep a close eye on it.
- Now chop up all your ingredients for you salsa, add to a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Use your hands. Get dirty. Do it.
- Once fish is done cooking, top it off with your blood orange salsa.
- Eat it on up.
Recipe by PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes at http://paleomg.com/blood-orange-salsa-pecan-encrusted-tilapia/