Superbowl Snacks: Sweet Potato Chips
- 4 sweet potatoes (try to grab skinny ones)
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut oil
- salt, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Use a mandoline or a knife to cut your sweet potatoes thin. I'd say the thickness of a silver dollar or maybe a little thicker.
- Put some parchment paper down on a cooking sheet.
- Place sweet potato rounds on the parchment paper.
- Melt coconut oil and use a pastry/cooking brush to paint some coconut oil on top of each sweet potato round.
- Sprinkle salt on top.
- Place in the oven to bake for around 8-10 minutes.
- Flip sweet potatoes over and bake for another 5 minutes or until edges are brown and have curled up a bit.
- Let cool. Serve with Roasted Red Pepper dip.
If you make these chips too thick, they won't crisp up. Too thin, and they will burn pretty quickly. Just beware.
Recipe by PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes at http://paleomg.com/superbowl-snacks-sweet-potato-chips/