Bacon Sweet Potato Poutine
- 1 sweet potato, cut lengthwise into preference sized french fries
- 6-8 strips of bacon, cut into 1 inches pieces
- 1 head of cauliflower, stem removed, cut into small florets
- ½ cup canned coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- pinch of dried thyme
- pinch of black pepper
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fat of choice
- Coconut Oil spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut your sweet potato in half lengthwise, then slice the sweet potato into ½ inch strips then cut those in half. This is all in an attempt to create perfect little french fries.
- Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet and line sweet potatoes on it so they are not overlapping.
- I used spray coconut oil and lightly sprayed the sweet potatoes then topped them with a pinch of salt.
- Then remove your stem from your cauliflower and roughly chop cauliflower into small florets. Cheese curd size will do.
- Place in a glass baking dish and drizzle a tablespoon or so of your fat of choice.
- Place cauliflower as well as sweet potatoes in the oven to cook for 20-25 minutes. (Your cauliflower may take longer)
- While the goodies are in the oven, add your diced bacon into a skillet over medium heat. Use a wooden spoon to break up the bacon and help cook on all sides.
- Once bacon is done cooking, remove from heat and remove bacon with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel.
- Pour excess bacon fat into a jar or can (save it ya dummy) leaving 2 tablespoons behind in your skillet for the gravy.
- Place skillet back over low heat, add your shallots to cook down for 2-3 minutes, then add coconut milk and almond butter then some thyme and black pepper.
- Let the coconut milk come to a slight boil then use your spoon to mix together and begin to cook down.
- Once the mixture begins to thicken, add your bacon back to the gravy and remove from heat.
- Once your sweet potatoes and cauliflower are done cooking, place in a bowl or on a plate, top with gravy, and devour!!
Recipe by PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes at http://paleomg.com/bacon-sweet-potato-poutine/