Pumpkin Cashew Coconut Curry over Coconut Rice
- 1lb chicken, cut into cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- ⅔ cup canned coconut milk
- ½ cup pureed pumpkin
- ½ cup cashews
- 2-3 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- pinch of cinnamon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cilantro, to garnish
- First add your chopped cauliflower to your food processor with the shredding attachment to "rice" the cauliflower.
- Pull a large pot, place over medium heat, and add a tablespoon of coconut oil then add your cauliflower. Add a pinch of salt, then cover to help steam, mixing occasionally.
- Now pull out a large skillet and place under medium heat. Then add your coconut oil.
- Add minced garlic then chicken as soon as the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Once the chicken begins to become white on all sides, add your ⅔ cup coconut milk and pureed pumpkin to your chicken and mix until the pumpkin breaks down.
- Now add your sliced onions and spices to cook down.
- Then add your other ingredients for your coconut rice and cover to cook down. Stir occasionally to make sure it doesn't burn!
- Let the rice cook for about 5-8 minutes until coconut milk has evaporated and you have sticky rice.
- When chicken is done cooking and your curry has thickened a bit, remove from heat and add your cashews to the curry mixture.
- Now place sticky rice in a bowl along with curry over top and cilantro to garnish!
Recipe by PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes at http://paleomg.com/pumpkin-cashew-coconut-curry-coconut-rice/