Caramelized Onion Frittata
- 6 eggs, whisked
- ½lb italian sausage
- 2 yellow onions, sliced thin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 tablespoon Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil (to grease your 8x8 glass baking dish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- First cook your italian sausage in a large skillet over medium heat until cooked through. Be sure to use a wooden spoon to break up the sausage while it cooks.
- Place your italian sausage in your greased glass baking dish.
- While pan is still hot and over medium heat, add your sliced onions to the italian sausage grease.
- Cooking down for about 8-10 minutes, continuously stirring onions to help them from burning.
- While the onions are caramelizing, mix in your eggs with the italian sausage in your baking dish.
- Once your onions are caramelized, place the onions on top throughout the baking dish, covering all the eggs and italian sausage.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes of until your eggs are completely cooked through in the middle. Use the finger poke method to check!
Recipe by PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes at http://paleomg.com/caramelized-onion-frittata/