Easter Weekend: Double Decker Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- 3 large carrots, shredded (about 1.5 cups worth)
- 1 cup almond flour/meal
- 2 eggs, whisked
- ¼ cup Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon Raw Honey
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- ¼ cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Shred your carrots in your food processor with the shredding attachment or use a grater.
- Add all the carrot cupcake ingredients to a large bowl and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Place cupcake ingredients into a muffin tin lined with paper liners or silicone liners (like I use). Should fill 10-12 muffins.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Now on to make the frosting!
- Add your cashews and turn on until you get a chunky meal.
- Then add your 5 tablespoons of coconut creme concentrate.
- Once that has combined, add your coconut milk, honey, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- When you get a paste/frosting, taste to see if you would like any salt added.
- Once your cupcakes are done baking, let cool COMPLETELY, cut in half and place frosting between the two halves and on top of your cupcake.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon or extra shredded carrot OR a bit or orange zest!
If you don't have any coconut cream concentrate on hand, you can also make your own coconut butter!
Recipe by PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes at http://paleomg.com/easter-weekend-double-decker-carrot-cake-cupcakes/