Spinach Sweet Potato Egg Nests
- 1 medium yam, shredded
- 20oz frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed of liquid*
- 12 eggs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fat of choice (I used bacon fat)
- coconut oil spray
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Shred your yam in a food processor using the shredding attachment.
- Spray your 12 tin muffin pan.
- Place shredded yam in each muffin and press down and up onto the sides to create little buckets. Spray the tops of the shredded yams in each tin.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes.
- While the little nest bake, take your thawed spinach and squeeze out all the excess liquid.
- Place a medium skillet over medium heat and add a tablespoon of fat.
- Throw in your spinach along with garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and pepper. Saute and cover to help cook through.
- After 6-8 minutes or once your spinach is cooked through, add spinach to each tin and press down, making sure to leave room for your egg to fit comfortably in.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes for runny yolks or up to 12 for hard eggs.
- Serve with hot sauce on top!
Recipe by PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes at http://paleomg.com/spinach-sweet-potato-egg-nests/