Steak Hash with Red Pepper Avocado Spread
- 14oz US Wellness Meats Skirt Steak
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 container of mushrooms, sliced
- handful of fresh basil
- however many eggs you want (I recommend 4-8) cooked however you want! so many options
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 avocados, peeled and cored
- 8-10oz roasted red peppers, from a jar (drained)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt, to taste
- First make your roasted red pepper avocado spread. Place all ingredients in a food processor. Blend. Place in bowl to refrigerate and chill out.
- Now place a large skillet under medium heat and get that b*tch extra hot.
- While the skillet is heating up, salt and pepper both sides of your steak and press dried basil and oregano into the steak.
- Place steak in skillet and cook on both sides for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through to your preference.
- While the steak is cooking, chop your veggies.
- Once steak is done, place on cooking board to rest.
- Add your onions directly to the leftover steak fat with a sprinkle of salt and cover to help cook down, mixing around at times to make sure the onions don't burn.
- Once your onions are caramelized, 6-8 minutes, remove and place in bowl.
- Now add your red bell pepper and mushrooms, add a bit more salt and cover to let cook down for 3-5 minutes.
- Once your veggies are done cooking, thinly slice your steak (or chop) and add to your pan, along with onions and mix together.
- Cook eggs to preference to top on hash.
- Top with fresh basil.
- Eat that up!!
There are no eggs in the picture because I didn't want eggs. And I play by my own rules.
Recipe by PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes at http://paleomg.com/steak-hash-red-pepper-avocado-spread/