Grilled Chili-Lime Sweet Potato Wedges
- 1 sweet potato or yam
- 2 tablespoons choice of fat (I used olive oil but you could use coconut or whatever else)
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place your sweet potato or yam in a large pot with water that completely covers it.
- Put your pot over medium heat and let the sweet potato cook until you can poke it with a fork and it's nice and soft. This took about 15-18 for my large sweet potato to cook through.
- Once your pull your softened sweet potato out of the water to cool, heat up your grill.
- When your sweet potato has cooled, cut it into wedges. The size or shape doesn't matter, just that you love how they look.
- Toss the sweet potatoes in a bowl with the remaining ingredients.
- Place on the top rack of your grill to cook for 15-18 minutes, depending on the thickness of the sweet potatoes. Turn them over half way through cooking.
- When the sweet potatoes have a bit of char to them and nice grill marks, place them on a plate and sprinkle with a bit more salt and chili powder while still hot.
- Let cool so you don't burn every taste bud you have then eat with Grilled Bacon Guacamole
You could bake these in the oven as well, just bake them at about 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes, turning them over half way through.
Recipe by PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes at http://paleomg.com/grilled-chili-lime-sweet-potato-wedges/