Blueberry Breakfast Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 2 sweet potatoes or yam, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1lb Bison Breakfast Sausage
- 1 egg, whisked
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut your sweet potatoes in half, lengthwise. Place cut side down on a baking sheet and place in oven to bake for 25-30 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft when you poke them.
- While your sweet potatoes bake, place your breakfast sausage in a large skillet over medium heat and cook down, using a wooden spoon to break up the meat.
- When your meat begins to brown, add your blueberries and sprinkle in a bit of salt and pepper.
- Cook down until cooked through. Discard excess liquid from meat and blueberries. And place mixture in a large bowl.
- Add your whisked egg and mix to combine.
- When your sweet potatoes are done cooking, cool for a couple minutes, then use a spoon to remove some of the excess sweet potato that you don't need (eat that as a snack for later), leaving behind a ¼ inch of so of sweet potato so the skin doesn't break apart.
- Add your blueberry and breakfast sausage mixture into your sweet potato skins and place back in the oven to cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Let cool. Top with an egg if you'd like. Why wouldn't you, really!?
Recipe by PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes at http://paleomg.com/blueberry-breakfast-stuffed-sweet-potatoes/