Creamy Chicken Casserole
- 1.5-2lbs chicken thighs, excess fat removed, diced
- 5 medium heads of broccoli, stems removed, chopped into florets
- 1 head of cauliflower, stem removed, chopped into florets
- 1 container of sliced mushrooms
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 (14oz) cans of coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or other fat)
- 2 tablespoons bacon fat (or other fat)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place your cauliflower and broccoli florets in a 9x12 glass baking dish. Pour your olive oil on top of the florets and salt and pepper, as well. Mix around to coat the florets.
- Baking for 15-18 minutes or until your broccoli and cauliflower have a slightly darker color to them.
- While your florets are cooking, place a large skillet over high heat and add your bacon fat.
- Once skillet is very hot, add your chicken. You want your skillet to be very hot so you will get a nice sear to your chicken.
- Salt and pepper your chicken while it cooks in your pan.
- Cook on both sides for 4-5 minutes, depending on how small you diced your chicken.
- Once chicken is ALMOST cooked through, remove from pan and place either on a plate or directly into your baking dish with your florets if that has come out of the oven.
- Now add your minced garlic directly to your pan that is placed under medium heat now.
- Then add your diced onions in. Cook until translucent.
- Then add your coconut milk and vegetable broth, as well as your garlic powder, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, and a bit of salt and pepper and mix well.
- Once it is all thoroughly combined, pour directly onto your chicken, broccoli, and cauliflower dish.
- Now toss in your mushrooms.
- Add in a bit more salt and pepper.
- Mix it all together into one large mess.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Let cool to help the sauce thicken.
Recipe by PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes at http://paleomg.com/creamy-chicken-casserole/