Easy Shredded Pork over Caramelized Mashed Plantains
- 1-2lb pork loin
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cups beef broth (no sugar added) - add 3 cups if you go with a 2lb pork loin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 brown plantains, peeled, sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 3-4 tablespoons canned coconut milk
- This recipe is so easy, you may cry from excitement.
- Add all your pork ingredients to a crockpot and cook on low for 8-10 hours. I'm pretty sure mine cooked for 12 hours because I forgot about it. Oops. It was bomb still.
- Once your pork is done cooking, use two forks and shed it to pieces.
- Now place a large skillet under medium heat, add your coconut oil and once your pan is nice and hot, add your sliced plantains into the oil.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and salt.
- Cook on both sides for 4-5 minutes or until soft.
- Add your plantains to your food processor and puree. While the food processor is still running, pour in your coconut milk until you get a smooth plantain puree.
- Add a dollop of plantain mash to your plate, top with pork, and add a little avocado just for sh*ts a giggles.
Recipe by PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes at http://paleomg.com/easy-shredded-pork-caramelized-mashed-plantains/