Side Dish Alert: Bacon Acorn Squash Patties
- 1 large acorn squash, cut in half, seeds removed
- 4-6 strips bacon, diced
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut your squash in half and place your squash open side, face down on a baking sheet.
- Roast your squash for 25-30 minutes.
- Once your squash is soft when you poke its skin, remove it from the oven to cool.
- Then cook your bacon in a medium pan until cooked through, and place on a paper towel to soak up the excess fat.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of bacon fat in your pan after your bacon in done cooking.
- Scoop out your acorn squash into a bowl and add your bacon, eggs, coconut flour, and salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly until eggs are broken up completely.
- Use a spoon to scoop out a large spoonful of mixture and add to your hot bacon fat pan.
- Cook each patty for 3-5 minutes then use a spatula to flip it over and press down and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- You just want to create a crust on each side of the patty.
- Serve with your favorite protein.
- Makes 4-8 patties.
Recipe by PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes at http://paleomg.com/side-dish-alert-bacon-acorn-squash-patties/