Blueberry Donuts with Blueberry Lemon Jam
- 8 medjool dates, pitted
- ½ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- juice of 1 lemon (equivalent to 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice)
- zest of ½ lemon
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Pull out your handy dandy donut pan. Don't have one? Buy one. I got mine at Bed, Bath and Beyond.
- Add your pitted dates to your food processor and puree until they begin to clump.
- Then add your ½ cup of blueberries and puree.
- Lastly, add you coconut oil, vanilla extract, raw honey, lemon juice and lemon zest to the food processor and puree together.
- Add your mixture to a large bowl and mix in eggs, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt and mix thoroughly.
- Pour your donut mixture into your donut pan up to the top of the donut rim. My mixture made exactly 6 medium sized donuts.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when you poke a donut with one.
- Let cool.
- While your donuts cool, make your jam.
- Add all ingredients to a saucepan, except for the water, over medium heat, breaking up the coconut cream concentrate as the mixture heats up.
- Stir frequently to keep from burning on the bottom. Cook for about 10 minutes, or until most of the blueberries have exploded. Then add your water.
- Mix together one more time.
- Use a spoon to top your cooled donuts off with the blueberry lemon jam.
- Eat soon because the jam will get the donuts a bit soggy over time.
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
Recipe by PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes at http://paleomg.com/blueberry-donuts-blueberry-lemon-jam/