Triple Chocolate Truffles (nut free)
- 7 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon Raw Honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 4-5 ounces 85% dark chocolate or higher, melted
- ¼ cup Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- These guys are awesome. No bake. WINNING.
- Place a small skillet over medium heat and add your tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Toss in your pumpkin seeds to begin to roast, moving them around often, being sure not to burn them.
- Cook pumpkin seeds for about 3-5 minutes, until they become fragrant and slightly browned.
- Add to food processor and pulse until they are completely broken down into a pumpkin seed meal.
- Then add your dates and puree.
- Lastly, add your cocoa powder, honey, vanilla, cinnamon and salt and blend.
- It will mix into this massive dough-looking ball. That means it's perfect.
- Tear off pieces of the ball and roll into balls.
- Melt your chocolate in the microwave or double boiler then place in a bowl for dipping. Also add your chocolate chips to a separate bowl.
- Push a toothpick into your ball, dip it in the chocolate half way up the ball, then dip into your chocolate chips.
- Place on a parchment paper covered plate.
- Repeat with all your truffles.
- Place in refrigerator for the chocolate to harden and set.
- Eat them. However you'd like.
- This recipes gave me 10 truffles.
Recipe by PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes at http://paleomg.com/triple-chocolate-truffles-nut-free/