Simple Ginger Carrot Soup
- 2-3 cups chopped carrots (I used baby carrots)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (14oz) can of coconut milk
- ½ yellow onion, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced (the more, the better)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place a saucepan over medium heat, add in your coconut oil, garlic and onion. Cook up onions are translucent.
- Then add in your carrots with broth and coconut milk along with ginger and a bit of salt and pepper.
- Cook until carrots are soft, about 12-15 minutes.
- Once carrots are soft, use an immersion blender to mix until soup is smooth and creamy. If you don't have an immersion blender, add it to your food processor, like I did.
- Top with more fresh ginger and enjoy. I added some shredded chicken to mine and it was AWESOME.
Recipe by PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes at http://paleomg.com/ginger-carrot-soup/