Crockpot Fig Apple Butter
- 20 dried black figs, stems removed, cut in half
- 6 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup honey (or other sweetener such as maple syrup)
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon (sounds like a lot, because it is, and it's awesome)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- Place all ingredients in the slow cooker. Mix well.
- Put the slow cooker at low and cook for 6-8 hours until apples are completely soft and almost mushy.
- Place ingredients (I did mine in two batches) in food processor and puree until smooth.
- Eat with anything. A spoon, on some banana bread, on a banana. Possibilities are endless.
- Store in refrigerator in a jar. Because jars are cute.
Made 3 (8 ounce) jars for me.
Recipe by PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes at http://paleomg.com/crockpot-fig-apple-butter/