Pineapple Caribbean Jerk Filet Mignon
- 1 TX Bar Organics Filet Mignon
- 1 piece of bacon
- ½ cup pineapple, chopped
- 2 tablespoon red onion, diced
- ¼ teaspoon jalapeno, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- juice of ½ a lime
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅛ teaspoons ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Turn on sous video to 56.5°C.
- Place all sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Leave behind about 3-4 tablespoons of the sauce in the bowl for after the filet is done cooking.
- Put filet mignon in bag along with the rest of the sauce.
- Vacuum seal bag.
- Place in sous vide for 2 hours. (4 hours max)
- Once meat is done cooking, wrap a piece of bacon the filet and pin it to the filet so that it is nice and snug.
- Put a small skillet over medium high heat.
- When skillet is very hot, place the bacon sides onto the hot skillet to release some of the fat to cook the meat on.
- Cook bacon on all sides for about a minute each side, then place the filet into the bacon fat and cook for around 2-3 minutes per side, until seared.
- When filet is done cooking, add pineapple, jalapeno, red onion to the leftover sauce and mix well. Add pineapple topping onto the filet.
- Eat up buttercup.
Recipe by PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes at http://paleomg.com/pineapple-caribbean-jerk-filet-mignon/