Pumpkin Espresso French Toast Rounds
- 1 banana, peeled
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup sunflower seed butter (or other nut butter)
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee (I used coffee grounds)
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup canned coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of cinnamon
- couple tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place banana, pumpkin puree, sunflower seed butter, coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract, and eggs in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Then add the coconut flour, instant coffee, cinnamon, baking soda and powder, and pinch of salt. Puree once more until completely combine.
- Scoop ingredients evenly into 6-8 lined muffin tins* (I used silicone liners, but you could also use paper liners).
- Place in oven to cook for 20-23 minutes or until completely cooked through.
- Once muffins are done cooking, either eat them as muffins OR let them cool to use as french toast rounds.
- When muffins have cooled, cut each muffin in half, widthwise.
- Mix together french toast ingredients.
- Heat up a large skillet over medium-high heat, add a bit of coconut oil to the pan and then drench each french toast round in the french toast ingredients on both sides.
- Then place directly into the hot pan and cook on both sides for 2-3 minutes.
- Once french toast rounds have cooked on both sides, top with sliced bananas and delicious maple syrup. OMG.
I used muffins tins because they are smaller and cook through a little better than a bread pan, BUT you could also use a bread pan as well. Cooking times may be changed because of that.
Recipe by PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes at http://paleomg.com/pumpkin-espresso-french-toast-rounds/