Paleo Sweet Lemon Pepper Chicken
- 1lb chicken tenders/breasts/thighs
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 2 lemons, halved
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2-3 tablespoons fat, I used olive oil
- Thinly slice your onions and apples and throw them into a fat greased skillet under medium-high heat.
- Let the apples and onions cook down for a bit until they begin to become translucent. When they do, add ½ lemon (juice), 1 tbsp honey, ½ tsp cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper, and ¼ tsp white pepper, garlic and onion powder and mix thoroughly to help combine and let caramelize.
- While the onions and apples cook away, pull out another large skillet, add some fat and heat up under medium-high heat. While the skillet heats up, salt and pepper your chicken and add them directly to the pan.
- While the chicken begins to cook, add the rest of your ingredients including the spices, honey, and lemon on top of the chicken.
- When the sides begin to turn white, flip the chicken over and add any extra honey and/or lemon on top, to taste.
- Once the chicken has cooked through, layer some caramelized apples and onions on a plate, and top them off with some chicken. Garnish with a lemon. Why? Because it looks pretty, unlike my photography.
Recipe by PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes at http://paleomg.com/sweet-lemon-pepper-chicken/