Paleo Savory Breakfast Casserole
- 12 eggs, whisked
- 1lb chorizo, cooked and broken into pieces
- 1 sweet potato, shredded
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (I used Siracha)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Start things off right by preheating your oven to 375 degrees.
- First you'll want to get your chorizo (or other choice of meat) cooking. So add your chorizo to a hot skillet and let cook until it begins to crumble.
- While the meat is cooking, dice up your onion and shred your sweet potato. I shredded mine by throwing it in a food processor, using the shredding attachment. Genius.
- Now, beat those eggs of yours in a large bowl.
- Add the cooked meat, onion, and sweet potato to the bowl with the whisked eggs. Then add the rest of your ingredients and mix all together.
- Grease a 8x8 or 9x9 glass dish and add your egg mixture to it.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes until the eggs aren't runny. The middle takes a bit longer so just be patient.
- Let sit for 10+ minutes before consuming.
- Then consume.
Recipe by PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes at http://paleomg.com/savory-breakfast-casserole/