Honey Mustard Crunchy Chicken Plantain Salad
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large yellow plantain (still slightly green - should not be mushy or soft), peeled and diced
- ½ pound cooked and shredded chicken
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 stalks of celery, diced
- ½ small red onion, diced
- 4 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoon raw honey
- Place a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add coconut oil and minced garlic.
- Once garlic has become fragrant, add the diced plantains to the hot pan and cook on all sides until the become slightly crispy and light brown.
- Then add your cooked and shredded chicken to the pan to crisp up.
- Season chicken and plantains with garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and salt and pepper.
- Once plantains and chicken are crispy, remove from heat.
- Dice up red onion and celery, place in a large bowl along with the dijon mustard and raw honey, then mix in the plantain and chicken.
- Add a bit more salt and pepper as needed.
- Eat up you happy bastard you.
Recipe by PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes at http://paleomg.com/honey-mustard-crunchy-chicken-plantain-salad/