Lavender and Vanilla Bean Scones
- 1.5 cups cashews (I used roasted, unsalted), ground into a meal/flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons lavender buds
- 2 vanilla beans, cut lengthwise with a sharp knife, all seeds removed
- 1 egg, whisked
- ¼ cup almond oil (or other oil such as coconut oil or butter or lard)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup arrowroot flour
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 tablespoons butter (optional)
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut crystals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Run the cashews through your food processor until it becomes a slightly coarse meal/flour.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cashew meal, baking powder, salt, lavender buds, and vanilla bean seeds.
- Then mix in your egg, almond oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract and combine.
- Lastly, mix in your arrowroot flour to help thicken.
- Add the dough into a ball onto a parchment lined baking sheet then press down to help flatten out evenly.
- Place in oven and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool slightly.
- While the scones are cooling, mix together honey and butter (heating the two up together) and top scones with the mixtures and some coconut crystals.
Recipe by PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes at http://paleomg.com/lavender-and-vanilla-bean-scones/