Paleo Bacon Wrapped Chicken Skewers with Mango Drizzle
- 2lbs chicken tenders
- 1 lb bacon, nitrate free (check the packaging for added sugar)
- 8-10 tablespoons garlic powder (that's a guess, I just used a butt load)
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon ground red pepper
- 2 ripe mangos
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat up your grill!
- Grab out your skewers. If you are using wood ones, soak them in water before you grill so they don't burn.
- First you will pierce an end of a piece of bacon through a skewer to help the bacon wrapping part an easier process.
- Now cut your chicken tenders in half and push them lengthwise onto your skewers. I fit about 1 chicken tender (2 halves) on one skewer.
- Next, wrap your bacon around the chicken then pierce the other end of the bacon through the skewer.
- When all your skewers are wrapped up nice and happy in a bacon blanket, pull out either a long cookie sheet or baking pan to pour your spices in.
- Pour your spices out on the baking sheet, mix them together, then roll your skewers in the spices until the chicken and bacon are covered in them
- Place skewers on your grill to cook, turning them over after about 5-6 minutes.
- While the skewers cook, pull out a food processor or blender. Add all the ingredients for the mango drizzle and process it. Taste before you serve to make sure it's the flavor you like.
- Once the skewers are done, serve along side your mango glaze. We dipped. Like chicken nugget style.
- We also served our skewers next to some grilled zucchini and squash. Good idea. Good.
Recipe by PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes at http://paleomg.com/bacon-wrapped-chicken-skewers-with-mango-drizzle/