Clean it up Mondays: Ginger Cilantro Baked Chicken
- 1-1.5 cups Paleo Chef Ginger Cilantro Marinade
- 3-4 chicken breasts (I used boneless and skinless)
- 3 tablespoons duck fat (or other fat of choice)
- 1 medium sized butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- green onions, to garnish
- Place 1-1.5 cups of ginger cilantro marinade in a large ziploc bag. Add chicken and place in the fridge overnight to marinate. If you don't have overnight, marinate for at least 2+ hours.
- When the chicken is done marinating, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add duck fat to the pan and make sure the pan is extra hot.
- Add chicken and butternut squash, making sure to not overcrowd the pan since you are trying to get a sear on the chicken.
- Use a couple tablespoons of marinade from the ziploc bag to pour on top of the butternut squash.
- Flip the chicken after about 4 minutes to sear the other side for another 4 minutes, and move the butternut squash around to help cook on all sides.
- Place in oven for 15-18 minutes, depending how thick the chicken breasts are.
- While the chicken is cooking, place almonds in a small saucepan over medium heat to toast the almonds. Move them around until all sides are slightly brown, but not burned.
- When chicken is done cooking, top with toasted almonds and sliced green onions.
- Love flavor in chicken. It's delish.
Recipe by PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes at http://paleomg.com/clean-it-up-mondays-ginger-cilantro-baked-chicken/