Clean it up Mondays: Breakfast Meat Sauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 pound ground pork breakfast sausage
- ½ pound ground pork mild italian sausage
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2 (14 ounce ) cans of tomato sauce
- ½ cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 5-6 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat up a large saucepan over medium heat, add two tablespoons of coconut oil then add minced garlic cloves, then bell peppers and onion along with a little salt and pepper to the pan.
- Move vegetables around until onions become translucent.
- Add ground breakfast sausage and italian sausage to the saucepan and break up the meat.
- When meat has begun to cook through, add the spices.
- When meat is almost done cooking, pour in the two cans of tomato sauce.
- Salt and pepper once more, then reduce heat and let simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- When all the flavors are well mixed, add the chopped fresh basil.
- Place meat sauce in some sort of individual baking dish, use a spoon to press a small spot in the middle of the meat sauce, then crack an egg or two into the middle.
- Put in oven and cook for 8-10 minutes until egg is cooked to preference.
- Eat up!
Recipe by PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes at http://paleomg.com/clean-it-up-mondays-breakfast-meat-sauce/